kolmapäev, 9. juuni 2010

Thoughts of Venice in the night

Just something I wrote during my last day in Italy

Even though it was the full moon, it appeared as a little dot in the sky so pale compared to the warm light coming from the hundred lit windows of the Venezian houses. I was moving along the canal towards San Marco, the warm air softly touching my skin and meanwhile I watched dining people holding up their feet as the water rose and submerged the ground under their chairs and tables. A single star appeared. Dark siluettes with even darker gondolas quietly slided past me as if driven by magic. The magic of Venice.
We arrived to San Marco and saw other people dining and some playing classical music for them. Claping everywhere and water everywhere. We took off our shoes and sloshed through the water across the piazza and enjoyed the dirty water almost reaching our knees. That night I could not help thinking that this city of labyrinths is sinking and in a way this was true. As long as I don’t know when I am going back, Venice will have to sink to the bottom of the vast pond of my memories – a safe place where I can always dive into and find it.
The good bye was gentle and calm, no tears. Not like Duino over the previous few days when every hug or word could make me cry. It was hard, but I can only be happy – there is something that letting go of hurts so much and I can only be thankful for the people who have made it all worth it. I know I have been very lucky. I feel lucky.

1 kommentaar:

shewaits ütles ...

See oli nii ilus.

Viimati kirja pandud

Lühike, aga veinirohke postitus

Peale minireisi Kangaroo saarele jätkasime töö lainel. Seekord ei ole mul väga pikalt ja põhjalikult midagi kirjutada, sest veinitehas, kus ...